Thursday, September 23, 2010

Seeing is BELIEVING!!!

Argument:  My facebook persona reveals that I am a vibrant, outstandstanding person that enjoys life.
Claim 1: My facebook pictures are accepted and appropriate for any subculture I belong to.
                Support: The pictures that either I have posted or my friends have tagged me in are all pictures of the times I spent with family or friends. My photos on facebook mostly reveal that I am a college student enjoying life. They show me smiling around family and friends and just enjoying where I am in my life right now. They do not show any pain, heartbreak, or difficult times which means that I do not allow anyone or anything to take away my happiness or enjoyment. My photos also express that I love fashion and I have a distinct style that reflects my unique personality. When I begin the search for a job any potential employeer can view my photos and will not find any trace of illegal or inappropriate activities. My parents' friends can also view my pictures and see that I am a regular college student that likes to have fun with my friends, but still enjoy the time I spend with my family. I pride myself, not only on my image of my daily life, but also on the image I portray of myself on social networks, such as facebook.  




Claim 2  Peronal information withheld from social websites have an effect on my persona.    
                Support:  With my facebook persona I have decided to exclude any intimate relationships or any personal conflicts. If I am involved in an argument or confrontation I do not publish post updates or videos about it. Deciding to exclude those details, my facebook friends can conclude that I am an all-around happy person and I will uplift anyone’s mood that is around me. They can also infer that I do not approve of or take part in any form of conflict that will serve as a detriment to my friends, family, or career. My wall is open to just about anyone, my profile pictures can be viewed by anyone, and my audience is anyone that can find me on the internet. Because of the wide scope of people that can view my facebook, I keep the information on their limited to information that is easily accessible, other than on facebook. My relationship status is always set to single just to keep ny personal life private. I also do not include personal information that may cause potential employeers to have a negative view of me, especially before I have an interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment